Re: TR4 Ragtop Window Flaps

To: TR <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Ragtop Window Flaps
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 13:47:07 -0700
Paul Willoughby wrote:

>...If anyone currently has their top installed,
>please feel free to double check...

That is how mine is.  When I installed a new top I used the elastic
straps but not the wire loops at the front end of the flaps -- was
waiting to borrow a special tool that does a neat job of those little
rivets.  Never got around to it and (mine) does just fine without the
hooks.  Actually, I also didn't much care for the shape of the wire
loops that came with the (Robbins) top as they were quite different from
the originals.  I have driven in hard rain (but not often) without
getting at all wet.

Geo Hahn
64 TR4
Mt Lemmon, AZ