Starting a Long Dormant Engine

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Starting a Long Dormant Engine
From: "Renee Morris" <a5a44201@telus.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 19:17:48 -0700
Thanks to all of you that replied to my question regarding TR4A
electrical systems and switches.

Now that I've got my vehicle wired up, its time to start it!  However,
the engine hasn't run for about 15 years. My maintenance regime has
involved turning it over by hand and squirting oil into the cylinders at
regular intervals.

Can anyone provide some tips on things to do before starting a long
dormant engine? I'm thinking mostly of lubrication items.

Note to homebru: I recently installed a wiring harness in my TR4A and it
turned out to be reasonably straightforward.

Thanks,

Eric Morris

Check out the new British Cars Forum: