Fly-off Handbrake

To: <Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fly-off Handbrake
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:27:18 -0400
Cc: <fprecht@frostburg.edu>
    In a message dated 12/6/2004 11:48:31 AM Eastern Standard Time, francis
precht <fprecht@frostburg.edu> writes:

>Can anyone suggest a fix/mod to increase the holding power on the 4A
>handbrake ?  Brakes work just fine (in good adjustment).

    In Roger Williams' book"How to Improve Triumph TR5, TR250 and 6", on
pages 46-47, he discusses the handbrakes for the TR4A to the TR6.  He shows
plans and measurements for a "completely reversible modification" consisting
of a pair of fabricated extension arms for the rear back plates. He says
these are "increasing the mechanical advantage of your handbrake by over
40%".

    These look interesting.  I wonder if anyone on list has tried them.
NFI, etc, etc.

        Jay Pooley
        '72 TR6