Re: lower trunion

To: Dave1massey@cs.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lower trunion
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 18:43:58 EST
On post CT20,XXX TR4 trunnions, the vertical link threads cut the same
direction for both sides (clockwise to screw trunnions on) but, they are
'sided' due
to the 3 degree castor.
Side note: pre-TR4A trunnions have threaded link sections 2-3 times longer
than TR4As, 5s, and 6s and seem to last a lot longer there. My trunnions were
perfect in threaded part even though the steel cross shafts had eaten through
the brass A-arm bushes and into the cast iron a-arms! (I had to toss the four
lower a-arms) But I was able to buy replacement trunnion cross shafts from
RevingtonTR to press into my old trunnions saving me from buying new trunnion$.
TR4As and newer TRs have a different trunnion scheme - easier for DYI
rebuilds - but the threaded link portion that seems to last forever on the
earlier
cars gets trashed fairly early on later cars..

Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<< <<  actually the first 20,000 TR4 trunnions or so are the same as TR2 &3s
- but
the second 20,000 TR4s have the 3 degree slanted trunnions.

Which means there is a right and a left, right?  Do they have right and left
hand threads (like the TR6)?

Dave >>