Re: lower trunion

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: lower trunion
From: AMfoto1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 18:24:45 EST
Hi Dave,

No, on TR4s both the vertical links and trunnions are right-hand threaded.

But, I need to correct one thing in Carl's response. Only very early TR4s up
to CT6343, steel wheel/CT6339, wire wheel used the 0 degree caster, TR3 style
front king pin, control arms and trunnion. CT6344 and all later TR4 used 3
degree caster, right- and left-handed assembly.

Note: There was also an earlier variant of the front suspension, up to
CT4689, steel wheel/CT4387, wire wheel. But I do not know the difference and it
must
be relatively minor since all the vendors spec the same parts for all TR4s up
through CT6343/CT6339.

I think Carl was thinking of the conversion to rubber mounted rack & pinion
assembly in the low CT20,000s, from the earlier, solid-aluminum mounts.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
1962 TR4 CT17602LO

AMfoto1@aol.com
http://hometown.aol.com/amfoto1/amfoto1.htm
<< <<  actually the first 20,000 TR4 trunnions or so are the same as TR2 &3s
- - but
the second 20,000 TR4s have the 3 degree slanted trunnions.

Which means there is a right and a left, right?  Do they have right and left
hand threads (like the TR6)?

Dave >>