Re: Fly-off Handbrake

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net> FILETIME=[E00F5AA0:01C4DB91]
Subject: Re: Fly-off Handbrake
From: "Mitchell, Doug \(D.B.\)" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 07:47:32 -0500
Hop-count: 1 iB6CoLAC006072
ISTR that an article in one of the Brit Car magazines
in the mid-70s had an article on how to convert a
non-fly-off to a fly-off. Further, ISTR that the article
referred specifically to a Mini, so keep that in mind.

The article reported that you could do the conversion
simply by disassembling the handbrake and changing the
spring position so that instead of pushing the button
in, it pushed it out. Or maybe it was the other way.
(It's been 30 years, and I ain't getting any younger).
Anyway, it included some photos on the process. I never
made the change on my Mini as my wife drove the car
most of the time and I knew it would confuse her.

Cheers,

Doug
--
Doug Mitchell