lower trunion

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: lower trunion
From: Tony and Jeanne <whosgoofy@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 11:42:18 -0500
well here I am again, asking questions!!!!
I need to get the lower trunion off the vertical link so that I can
replace the grease seal.
the manual shows that it it threaded on, but before I put too much force
on it in an attempt to get it off, is there any type of locking nut or
something that is keeping me from getting it off?????
it turns freely about 40 degrees as I believe it should then it seems
like it hits a stop of some type.
I hope to start putting all the bits back together as some as I get the
frame back from the powder coaters.....(i hope, i hope!!)
of course the tub is still at the body shop but the plan is to get
engine, transmission and rear end all in place prior to placing the tub
back on.
I believe I can get all the throttle linkage back on after the tub is
bolted, any thoughts about that????
Thanks in advance
Tony