RE: Rocker arms and shipping to Canada

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rocker arms and shipping to Canada
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 10:42:01 -0800
> Second, if indeed it is getting tougher to use the US postal service are
> there alternatives other Canucks have found?

I just asked our shipping clerk (although neither he nor I are Canucks) ...
he says DHL or FedEx will carry to Canada, and both are typically cheaper
than UPS.

If it's any consolation, UPS sometimes does the same thing when shipping the
other way.  I've had to pay "customs brokerage fees" that exceeded the cost
of shipping when I receive parts from Canada.  Even asked a contact at UPS
about it ... but never got an answer.  Best I can tell, they subcontract to
a brokerage and are getting ripped off.  The rip-off gets passed to their
customers ... my suggestion is vote with your money and use a different
shipper.

USPS workers are technically "civil servants" ... my experience is that
they're neither.  I've had them refuse to do things even though I could
quote chapter and verse where their own guidelines said they should.  When I
demanded to see his copy of the book, I was told "No".  Came back with my
own copy, the worker in question suddenly "took a break" and the substitute
did what I asked, never said a word ...
<\rant>

Randall