RE: Car club rant ; now breaking cars

To: "FRED E THOMAS" <frede.thomas2@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Car club rant ; now breaking cars
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:56:21 -0400
Lets wait a minute before we throw out the baby with the bath.  I've had
several cars that I've broken down for spares as they just weren't worth the
$$$ to restore.  Where else are we going to get original parts to repair our
cars?  There are many instances where it makes more sense to salvage usuable
parts and throw the rust away vice spending a fortune rebuilding a vin
plate.  Obviously the more rare the car is, the more it may pay to restore.
When I have had parts available most owners are very happy that I made the
parts available so they could get a good original part.  Just my $.02
Pete