Stromberg prob solved

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stromberg prob solved
From: Dale VanCleef <dalebonn@netnitco.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 11:00:40 -0500
First of all, thank you to everyone who offered suggestions on my
"stromberg problems" question.  I used virtually every suggestion I
recieved.

After replacing the entire ignition system, replacing an o-ring in the
front carb, checking fuel pressure (many times), adjusting the valves I
was at my wits end.
It turns out that the float valve in the rear carb was stuck.  Even
though I had good fuel pressure, I was running with fuel only going to
the front carb.

As you may remember, I had just spent around $800 to have the engine
worked on... and both carbs had been rebuilt.  Also, there were two
washers under the float valve, making it lower and less likely to open.

Thanks again for all the help. I have learned a lot in the past three
weeks.  The car now runs better than it ever has (since I've owned it).

--
Dale VanCleef
'73 TR6 - CF985U