RE: Brake Rotor Diameter Question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Brake Rotor Diameter Question
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 14:09:07 -0700
> In all that I have read, including the
> parts catalogues, I see two rotor sizes 10 > inch and 11 inch. The
> rotors that I have measure 10 < inch (10 and one quarter inch), yet the
> calipers are the type C in the Moss catalogue with two pins holding the
> pads.

Jack, I'm not sure I understand your question, or your problem. (Note that many
special symbols don't make it through the list server.)

The type C calipers were used with approximately 10-3/4" rotors, only on later
TR4/A and some TR3B.  Original for your car would be the earlier 11" rotors, and
either type A or type B calipers (the changeover occurred during 1959).

Sounds to me like what you've got on the car are cheap aftermarket rotors that
are a little bit undersize.  Most likely, replacement TR4-6 rotors will fit just
fine.  They're even quite a bit cheaper than the earlier ones.

Randall