Re: Brake Rotor Diameter Question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net (List Triumph), jpg2@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Brake Rotor Diameter Question
From: pmmacy@att.net
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 13:53:50 +0000
Jack and List:

  Another factor which I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the type "C"
calipers (and 10.75" rotors) used a different caliper mounting plate than what
was used on the earlier type "A" and "B" calipers with the 11" rotors.  The
type "C" calpier mount for use with the smaller (10.75") rotors actually mounts
the type "C" calpier about 3/8" to 1/2" farther away from the center of the hub
than the earlier types.  I have posted a photo of both style mounting brackets
on my web site for identification purposes:
http://www.macysgarage.com/myweb6/techtalk.htm  When checking rotors and
calipers for proper alignment and clearance, it might be helpful to know that
you've got the correct brackets to go along with the other components.
--
Mark Macy
New Carlisle, OH

57 TR3 TS16942LO