Mystery wires

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mystery wires
From: "Steve" <sdhiller@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 07:40:52 -0500
Hi all - I have a '76 TR6 that was restored by the prior owner about 4 years
ago.  Under the hood, to the right of the hood release latch bracket, there is
a male spade connector that appears to be soldered or screwed to the sheet
metal.  The connector was painted when the engine compartment was repainted,
and it still has paint on it.  I found, tucked up in the wiring harness, two
wires (can't determine the colors because of overspray) connected to a single
female spade connector.  I assume this is some sort of a ground.  All
electrical components of the vehicle seem to be working properly with this
disconnected.  Does anyone know what these two wires do?  Am I correct that as
long as there's no voltage/current on that wire with the ignition key off that
it would be safe to reconnect?

Thanks,

'76 TR6
Steve Hiller