RE: TR4 for Sale

To: tr3driver@comcast.net ("Randall"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TR4 for Sale
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:51:29 -0400
In a message dated 4/20/2005 11:27:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, "Randall"
<tr3driver@comcast.net> writes:

>> IMHO, "restored" is the most abused and widely misinterpreted word in the
>> automotive hobby.
>
>I'll agree with that ... but "NOS" and "rebuilt" are close seconds !

======
I suspect many folks don't even know that "NOS" means New Old Stock...literally
the original equipment manufacturers' parts AND said parts having been
manufactured more or less at the same time as the car they fit. For Triumphs,
that would be most anything in a Stanpart or Stanpart-labeled box, or a lens
in, say, a red-and-black Lucas box. One might argue that currently available
OEM parts qualify, except that they're not "Old"! :-)

But if that lens comes in an old Beck-Arnley box and says LU549 instead of
Lucas and L549, etc., it would be NORS, or New Old REPLACEMENT Stock. Same
thing with, say, an old Echlin-boxed generator brush set...or most anything
that came from Quentin-Hazell.

Now, "rebuilt" is easy: that means any part with a fresh coat of paint on it.
;-)

--Andy Mace