RE: Off-topic question no LBC

To: tr3driver@comcast.net ("Randall"), triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Off-topic question no LBC
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 14:41:21 -0400
In a message dated 4/20/2005 1:44:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time, "Randall"
<tr3driver@comcast.net> writes:

>> I think more apropos is the fact that in spite the much more efficient
>> superhighway systems and more powerful cars our commute times
>> have been increasing
>> since the 40's.
>
>I suspect that's more a function of commute distances increasing than
>reduced speeds.

======
I would have said it's more a function of increased traffic volume. I've lived
in the same house now, and taken the same route to the same job now, for over
17 years, during which time my commute time has increased from an average of a
bit under 30 minutes in 1988 to over 35 minutes now.

--Andy Mace