Re: Off topic....for sure!

To: LaJoMor@aol.com, tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Off topic....for sure!
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:46:10 EDT
In a message dated 4/20/2005 4:40:54 PM Central Standard Time,
LaJoMor@aol.com writes:
> And Dave....in light of our "Everything Faster" world, does 30 seconds
> really matter???

Does an extra 30 seconds waiting at a traffic light matter?  I guess if you
are a type A person it does.  But seriously, if these computers are so much
faster what the heck are they doing all this time?  Running all the extra code
in
the new software.  Does it get us where we want to go faster?  I guess the
answer to that is: it depends.

> referring to your comments about the old DOS box and the new DELL....if you
> had to chose would you take the old DOS box???

For running my CAD software, you bet.  I haven't seen much in the way of
improvement with the new Windows versions apart from enhanced graphics.

But that's just my opinion.

Dave