Your chance at a WAG

To: "Triumph Email List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Your chance at a WAG
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <70TR6@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 21:54:29 -0400
That's WAG, as in wild arse guess.  My TR6 has developed a vibration very,
very recently, not sure I knew where it was coming from until just now.  I
believe it to be either the harmonic damper, which I believe the rubber is
aged, or the ring gear is slipping off the again.  Yes, again, but let's not
get into that right now, as I'm just happy to have made it home with
something spontaneously combusting.  I will take the starter off this
weekend and see if that is an issue, but would any of you care to speculate
which is the more likely culprit?  Or both?

R. Ashford Little II

'70 TR6 <http://www.ralittle2.com/>
CC54994