Of A-type Overdrives and Turnsignal flashers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Of A-type Overdrives and Turnsignal flashers
From: "Augustine, Scott (LNG-CSP)" <Scott.Augustine@lexisnexis.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 07:53:31 -0600
List,
        Thanks for the responses to my previous queries, now another one!
        This is for a TR-3A with a TR-4A, A type OD.
        When I try to engage the overdrive the solenoid plunger jackhammers
up and down.  Is this the 'continuous' buzzing referred to in the overdrive
manual that indicates the solenoid needs to be replaced, or is there an
adjustment that will make the holding coil engage?
        Once again, thanks, and I am on digest mode so please copy me
directly.

Scott Augustine
'59 TR-3A