RE: Classic Car Mag

To: <ZoboHerald@aol.com>, <pboldtrix@juno.com>, <dorpaul@negia.net>
Subject: RE: Classic Car Mag
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:00:12 -0700
> 50,000 miles per year is very easy to do with todays modern and extended
> super highways, but 40/50 years ago, very hard to do, but, for 40
> years @50
> K per year, I also find this hard to understand.

So what was it like in those covered wagons, Fred ?

In fact, when Irv bought his P1800 in 1966, we already had roughly half of
today's super highway system ... 20,000 miles in 1965 compared to some
43,000 miles today.
http://www.publicpurpose.com/freeway1.htm

And, speed limits were higher then, and traffic much less.  When I learned
to drive (ca 1970) "the Interstate" was 80 and 85 mph ... I don't know of
anywhere in the country where it's that high today.

Randall