Re: TR3A Loud With the Top & Side Curtains On

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR3A Loud With the Top & Side Curtains On
From: "John A. Wise" <JohnWise@alumni.pitt.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 17:17:56 -0700
>FWIW, this was one advantage of the aftermarket all-aluminum side
>curtains. They had a nice leading edge that, with all things
>properly aligned, would fit into the "slot" on the side of the
>windscreen and pretty much lock the front of the curtain in place. I
>don't know (having never had them) whether the "original" side
>curtains will do that or not.

Back when I was a poor graduate student & driving my MGA 60 miles
each way to Pitt during Western Penna winters (wearing my USAF winter
survival parka, a ski mask, gloves, & a blanket over my legs). I
finally had it with the snow blowing in the bowed-out sidecurtains!
So I made my own small metal bracket for the sidecurtains to wrap
around the windscreen side brackets.  They worked well in stopping
the bowing snow, however I still needed all the other protective gear
to avoid frost bite!

Oh yes, with all the cold weather gear on my head, the noise was not
too bad!   ;-)

Ah those were the days!

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE