Re: Long Trip Preparation in TR4A

To: ZoboHerald@aol.com, Triumph Email List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Long Trip Preparation in TR4A
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 20:36:27 -0700
Space on a long trip is a big concern in a TR, especially since the wife
is going. I love her immensely. Today she said, "along the way can we
sleep in the car? no, well maybe we'll stay Motel 6's, right?".  I'm
bringing my pillow, Excedrin PM and looking out for Comfort Inns.
Somewhere next to a Starbucks. Maybe I'll score some points. A double
expresso in the morning always helps.

I converted to an alternator (Delco 7127) three years ago, so that's not
a concern here but the fuel and water pump is. I plan to carry a spare
water pump, and a rebuild kit for the fuel pump. I refuse to carry
"just-in-case" inventory.

Johnnie