RE: TR3 tail lights etc

To: "TR" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 tail lights etc
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 22:03:40 -0700
> on p 118 it says at 15601 it went to chrome center light with the four tail
> lights, except for Holland and possibly Belgium.

While I'm reluctant to contradict Bill Piggott, that's not the way I read my
SPC.  It shows the chrome center light as starting at 18913 for "USA, Holland
and Belgium only".  But the "rear flasher lamp" starts at 15601 for "Exp only
USA", which implies to me that there was some small number of cars (only US-spec
cars built between 15601 and 18913) that had both a red center light and 4 tail
lights.  Can't remember who told me, but ISTR someone once said they had such a
car, and the center lamp was wired only as a tail lamp (license lamp).

> it's more that i have a small mouth, 13796, which had (we believe) the two
> center brake lights punched in - there was no plinth in the metal - by some
> dpo, and its an item that has been of great interest to me.

I have TS13571L, and it has no holes punched in the rear apron for the turn
signals.

Randall