Re: TR3 tail lights etc

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 tail lights etc
From: "Michael Marr" <mmarr@notwires.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 17:55:07 -0500
> "trainspotters".  In the UK, where it rains frequently, these people
> always
> wear anoraks (so the legend goes) while watching train movements and so
> the
> term anorak has come to be applied to anyone who tracks mind-numbing
> minutia
> ... like what color the license plate lamp on a TR3 should be.

Guilty as charged!  I was a trainspotter in my youth, on the old London,
Tilbury and Southend Railway, and I remember how excited I would be when a
9F 2-10-0 appeared at the head of the up freight from Coryton oil refinery
instead of the usual Stanier class 4MT 2-6-4T.  And, I carefully checked off
the engine's number in my Ian Allan trainspotter's booklet!  Of course, this
was before anoraks were invented (I'm talking steam, here), but I did have a
"donkey" jacket!

Michael Marr
1960 TR3A
Naperville, IL