Rear End Play

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear End Play
From: Dale VanCleef <dalebonn@netnitco.net>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 13:50:49 -0500
I finally drove my 73 TR6 to work today.  It's an 8 mile drive.  When I
got to the office, a banging noise was coming from the left rear wheel.
About an hour later I drove it around in the parking lot and could not
duplicate the sound.  So at lunch, I drove it home.

I only have an hour for lunch.   I quickly put it on a jack and checked
the wheel.  Even though the wheel is tight, there is about 1/4 to 3/8 of
an inch of "end play".  I drove my other car back to the office.

Does anyone have any suggestions on the first things to check.

As always, any ideas are deeply appreciated.

Dale VanCleef
'73 TR6 - CF985U
---SCCA - 337056