Fuel Pump needed for Carb'd TR8

To: tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump needed for Carb'd TR8
From: "Brian S. Thomas" <thomasb@Post.QueensU.Ca>
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 11:20:40 -0400
Hi guys,

My attempt to get the TR8 back on the road last summer became delayed due
to other priorities.  You may recall, the problem is a fuel pump which
doesn't pump.

I'm now geared up to solve the problem and get the beast running after
sitting for 5 years - the car, not me!

John Swauger of TRF has found me a lower engine harness and is also
supplying an oil pressure switch.

The fuel pump however remains a problem.  Apparently the expensive original
equipment TKC3410 pump is no longer available (even though several vendors
list it).

Referencing some old list emails, the following were identified as
replacements:
- Borg-Warner #P2 pump available from Pep Boys
- AutoZone pump #E8381 distributed by "Master" but made by AC
- Delco part #EP30
Having tried several auto supply stores in Canada, I've been unable to find
a source for any of these.  Canadian Tire (who I believe supplied Ottawa's
Paul Macdonald with a suitable pump) can no longer find a replacement -
their computer listing says "available, call supplier".

I plan to pop over the border to New York State next week once the summer
ferry is running and see what is available in Watertown.

Has anyone replaced this pump "recently"?

If so with what, from where?

I know I can find an "external" pump fairly easily, but prefer one which
can be situated "in the tank" as per the original.

Hoping you guys have some answers.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian S. Thomas                 e-mail:ThomasB@Post.QueensU.Ca
Holliday Point                  work:   613-533-2228
R R 1                                   fax:    613-533-2168
Wolfe Island, Ontario           home:   613-385-1947
K0H 2Y0                         toys:   54 TR2, 56 TR3, 67
TR4A,                                                80 TR8, 52 Ferguson TEA20