Re: VTR Site Restricted

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: VTR Site Restricted
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 09:06:28 -0700
> That is the difference between a mail list and a "club"!

Interesting.  I've always considered email lists to be the next best
thing to having an active local club and to be more of a club than any
traditional national club can be.  Lists, by definition are more
interactive and immediately relevant than any national club I have yet
to see.

I think that unless they evolve to become more in the way of information
  sources and facilitators of communications flow that national clubs
will find themselves increasingly irrelevant.

It is why I concluded that VTR's restriction of information is a step
away from relevancy and towards obsolescence.

I personally think the future of national clubs is to go completely
online with local affiliate clubs hosting national club events and being
the physical presence of a national club.

The future is to reach out to as many people as possible and enable them
to pursue their passions, hobbies and interests.

Anyway just some hopefully constructive thoughts.

TeriAnn

www.tjwakeman.net/TR/index.html