Re: Rear brake lock up

To: racegt6@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear brake lock up
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 14:06:40 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2005 11:59:54 AM Central Standard Time,
racegt6@yahoo.com writes:
> My TR6 is locking the right rear under hard braking.  I've rebuilt all the
> hydraulics a few times over the years and added the braided SS lines to the
> front.  I've made up rear SS braided lines but will not be able to put them
>in
> for a week.  Since I'll be bleeding the brakes anyways I'm looking for a
> heads up.

That could be more a problem with the front brakes not working as well as
they should or maybe just a case of overexpectations.  The TR6 brakes are very
good brakes for a car of its vintage but modern cars with ABS et al. so well
without concern for lockup that we get spoiled.

But if the front brakes are well glazed it may be time to change pads and
turn rotors. Or it could be a problem with tires.

And what do you mean by "hard braking?"  All cars from the 70's would lock
brakes in a panic stop.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6