Re: Rear brake lock up

To: racegt6@yahoo.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear brake lock up
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 16:29:41 EDT
In a message dated 5/26/2005 1:55:57 PM Central Standard Time,
racegt6@yahoo.com writes:
> Rotors and pads were replaced with rebuilt calipers some hundred of miles
> ago.  Shoes were good last I checked, no leaks.  Hard braking is tough to
> define but I've flogged this same car the same way for over twenty years.  I
> guess the troubling matter is that the right side is the one that locks and
>it
> happens on a straight stop.

Then it could be the pads are of a different composition.  Or they just
haven't seated yet.

But as Cameron pointed out, maybe the opposite corner is dipping more than it
should.  Could be a soggy shock in the LF corner.

Dave Massey
57 TR3
71 TR6
80 TR8