rebuild both AC & BCD fuel pumps?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: rebuild both AC & BCD fuel pumps?
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:56:36 EDT
Hi Listers,
I know you can still buy 'rebuild kits' for the English-made AC branded
primer-levered fuel pumps for your TRs but can AC rebuild kits (especially the
diaphram) be used to rebuild the almost identical looking Italian-made BCD fuel
pumps? If they didn't have different logos you couldn't tell the difference
from
the outside.
The only real difference I can find is the AC check-valves are slightly
different in design and held in by a screwed clip while the BCD valves are
'tagged'
into housing.
I have one of each pump and would like to rebuild both - the BCD pump has
been on my TR4 for 25 years and actually looks slightly finer made than the AC
brand.
Any help on where I can get a 'rebuild kit' for the BCD fuel pump?
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74