Re: Engine Work

To: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>, "Triumphs"
Subject: Re: Engine Work
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:08:41 -0500
Please be aware that when you have the main bearings line bored, the center
of the crankshaft is no longer in the same place and it may (or may not)
cause you a problem with piston height to top of liners, etc. As a result
of trying to build an engine on which the owner had this done, I will never
touch another one.

At 07:47 PM 5/28/2005, Dave Connitt wrote:
>List,
>A major mile stone has been reached in my TR4A restoration... I dropped the
>block, head, and crankshaft off at my local machine shop..
>He is going to;

>Block....
>Boil out the rust.
>Insert new Cam Bearings.
>Align bore the main bearings
>Verify that the new crankshaft modified for the uprated rear seal is to
>spec.
>Magneflux the Connecting Rods
>Verify that the Connecting Rod big ends are round.
>Verify that the bearings (-.010) are OK
>Switch the new 87mm pistons to my connecting rods.
>
>Have I forgotten anything???

uncle jack