Engine Work

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine Work
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 20:47:09 -0400
List,
A major mile stone has been reached in my TR4A restoration... I dropped the
block, head, and crankshaft off at my local machine shop..
He is going to;

Head work..
Boil out the rust
Magneflux the head.
Grind the valves.
Optional: Grind off .050 of the head to increase the compression ratio
(This is contingent on me researching the Comp Preperation manual to see
what else has to be done to reduce pre-ignition oer Randalls suggestion )

Block....
Boil out the rust.
Insert new Cam Bearings.
Align bore the main bearings
Verify that the new crankshaft modified for the uprated rear seal is to
spec.
Magneflux the Connecting Rods
Verify that the Connecting Rod big ends are round.
Verify that the bearings (-.010) are OK
Switch the new 87mm pistons to my connecting rods.

Have I forgotten anything???
Did I tell you guys that I am finally done with the bodywork!!
Best Regards,
Dave Connitt
Cincinnati, Ohio
'67 TR4A