Re: Engine Work

To: Randall <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Work
From: John & Patricia Donnelly <pdonnel1@san.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 19:24:57 -0700
Randall wrote:

>Not sure why you're having it line-bored, but you'll want to know how much he
>moves the bore.

Wow. I didn't realize that a cast iron block as rock solid as the TR
engine could warp to a point that would throw the main bearings out of
alignment.  If something had caused that bad of a warp I would suspect
that the engine was frozen pretty badly. I've seen them crack, but warp?

Also, if you line bore the block wouldn't that mean that the caps also
need machined? And, wouldn't oversize bearings (on the outside) be needed?

Johnnie