Oil Pump rebuild

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pump rebuild
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 22:04:33 -0400
List,
One last thing and I will leave you guys alone for tonight ;).

I have been working on rebuilding my oil pump and I need one piece of
information to finish up. Does anybody know what rebuilding specs on the
pump is? I loaned out my maintenance manual and am stuck. So far, the pump
didn't look too bad. There was some slight wear on the pump cover related to
the center rotor running against it. I removed that my dressing down the
cover with 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and a piece of glass. It turned out
pretty nice.  I put up a couple of pictures on my website in the engine
section. I also noticed there was no gasket between the cover and the pump
body. That seems odd to me since there is a lot of pressure there. Would it
hurt to coat the edges with very thin coat of a form-a-gaskettype material?
One other unrelated point.. There were no locking tabs on my connecting rod
big ends. What's up with that?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt