TR4A Shift Boot

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A Shift Boot
From: Don Spence <dkspence@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 10:18:36 -0600
 From the spare parts catalogue: Plate BF, BF15: Grommet assembly, rear,
gearbox cover carpet 611883 (red), 611884 ( Midnight Blue)611885 (black)

This is the grommet though I've never seen a red or blue grommet.

There is no gaiter illustrated on any of the Gearbox, Carpet or fascia
(bracket) pages.  Just the rubber grommet to seal the sfift rod cap to
the bracket.  Odd.

TRF catalogue states: "622381 gearshift Boot upper, sewn vinyl boot
with inner rubber boot, stag grain vinyl, TR250, TR6, 1968-72; also
fits TR4A to give a more finished appearance than original bare rubber
boot."

So there you go

Don