Re: TR6 brake calipers

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 brake calipers
From: "Terry Smith" <terryrs@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 19:39:11 -0400
>I was beginning to rebuild my '71 TR6's brake calipers and have taken the
> snap ring and rubber boot off. The pistons seam frozen and I can't remove
> them.
> I tried compressed air as suggested in the manual but with no success.
> Will I
> need new calipers or is there another way to remove the pistons?
>                             Art Sesso

You got some excellent advice from others on how to do it yourself.  If,
like me, though, you have limited skills in this kind of thing, you can also
farm the job out to Apple Hydraulics or other reputable service center.
They rebuilt my calipers, which were not only frozen, but had not one but
TWO easy outs I'd managed to break off in the bleeder screw.

It took one heroic effort to unscrew the screw up I gave them.

NFI.

Terry Smith
'59 TR3A  (Body off, rest mostly redone!)
New Hampshire