Re: TR6 brake calipers

To: ASesso@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 brake calipers
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 08:12:05 -0400
ASesso@aol.com wrote:
> I was beginning to rebuild my '71 TR6's brake calipers and have taken the
> snap ring and rubber boot off. The pistons seam frozen and I can't remove
>them.
> I tried compressed air as suggested in the manual but with no success. Will I
>  need new calipers or is there another way to remove the pistons?
>                              Art Sesso

I split the calipers as many people do, and then wiggled the piston back and
forth with a pipe
wrench. After that I put a woodworkers pipe clamp with a 2' pipe on it and
wiggled them back and
forth again until they came out. The pistons will be damaged in the process.
Replace with stainless
or anodized pistons

Don Malling