Re: Scam Warning

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Scam Warning
From: "Alvin Watkins" <Krssamw@omh.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:58:38 -0400
In a message dated 7/11/2005 9:41:00 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
tr3driver@comcast.net writes:

I've  gotten several emails today "from" service@paypal.com,  with a
subject
of
"Notification of Limited Account Access".  I'm not sure what the  scam
is, but
I'm certain these emails did not come from PayPal, so it's got  to be
some
sort
of scam.

Be advised there is an Ebay scam also. I got a similair email from
"Ebay". They wanted me to "Update" my info. I replied. They asked me for
my credit card info but I smelled a rat an didn't provide it, however I
did send my password. Ever since I can't log into Ebay and Ebay sent me
an email advising me that they suspended my account after there were
several attempts to log into my account from someone in Russia and
someone in Africa. Right before that I got about ten Ebay notifications
of bids that I had "won" on items that I never bid on. I'm glad I didn't
send my credit card info. Never ever do that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This e-mail is meant only for the use of the intended
recipient.  It may contain confidential information which is legally
privileged or otherwise protected by law.  If you received this e-mail
in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it to you, you
are strictly prohibited from reviewing, using, disseminating,
distributing or copying the e-mail.  PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY OF THE
ERROR BY RETURN E-MAIL AND DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM.  Thank
you for your cooperation.