RE: Scam Warning

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Scam Warning
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 10:43:01 -0700
> Seems to me that best practice on any such suspicious e-mails are
> best dealt with by forwarding them directly to <spoof@ebay.com> or
> <spoof@paypal.com> or wherever appropriate, and then deleting them.

Personally, I refuse to even open ANY email that is in HTML and not from someone
I know.  Spammers "harvest" email addresses by sending out HTML with hyperlinks,
and then watching the servers to see which emails actually get read.

Forwarding to <spoof@wherever> is likely to be useless anyway, as they have no
more ability to track down and persecute the miscreant than you do.  At the very
least you will have to forward full headers to them, which most people don't
know how to do.

I do seem to have made it onto someone's sucker list though ... I've also
received two copies each of three different 'Nigerian' scams in the last 48
hours.

Randall

PS, the "fore armed" bit was an old Pogo line.  I guess we don't have any other
Pogophiles <g>