Re: 71 GT6 Brake Master

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 71 GT6 Brake Master
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:11:24 -0400
On 14 Jul 2005 at 13:51, Cameron Rooke wrote:

> I think I have a problem with my brake master cylinder on my 71 GT6.

You might want to check with Spitbits.com.  When I found the interior
of my MC rather pitted they said they recommended (IIRC) a European-
spec Spitfire MC, or some other seemingly non-standard item.  The
issue with using just any old MC is one of the threads on the brake
lines, or something I don't remember.  The only real difference
(besides the reasonable price) is that their replacement doesn't have
the F/R balanced proportioned just like the original, but the
difference is not really significant.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com