TR3 Starter Solenoid

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR3 Starter Solenoid
From: bbrewer@qnet.com
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 07:36:43 -0700
     This morning, the only vehicle to drive to work was the TR3A (twist my
arm). I've been having trouble with the starter solenoid, I think. Soometimes
when I go to start it, you push the starter button and nothing happens, not
even a clink. You get out and push the button on the back of the starter
solenoid and the car starts right up. I thought that maybe it was the starter
push button on the dash, but no amount of jiggling it changes anything that I
can tell. I am always on my way to work when this happens and don't have time
to troubleshoot it properly. I am at work now and pondering it.
     BTW, here is a good article on how much time people screw off at work when
they are supposed to be working:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8551529/

     So, is the solenoid my problem? Seems to be, but it occured to me that
maybe it could be the button and I am bypassing it when I go directly to the
solenoid.
     When you push the button on the solenoid, are you manually bypassing the
solenoid or are you manually bypassing the starter switch?
     Are starter solenoids serviceable?
     TIA

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA