RE: Stag AC blower switch

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stag AC blower switch
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:31:10 -0700
Randall wrote :

> Can anyone confirm or deny that an AC Stag uses the same 131812 blower switch
> that the heater-only Stags use ?  There's no mention of it being different in
> the SPC that I can find, and yet that seems to be the only possible
> explanation.

Ok, mystery solved.  The later SPC is flat wrong.  Ironically, the early SPC
(which I have a very tattered copy of) has the correct information, I just
missed it.  (Reminder to self : always read the fine print)

Stags with AC use Stanpart 151243, Lucas 38257 to control the blowers.  Stags
without AC use Stanpart 131812, Lucas 34477 to control the blower.  The two
switches even have the same illustration in my Lucas catalog, but they are
different internally.

Anyone have a heater switch for their TR6 that doesn't look quite right ?  I'd
love to trade you the right switch for it <G>  Seriously, I'm on the trail of
one, but the offer to trade stands.

Randall