RE: RE: distributor details for a 1966 TR4A

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: distributor details for a 1966 TR4A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 18:28:41 -0700
> Note: I did find a typo once in a Lucas publication in the past,
> but all other info I have, including OTHER Lucas pubs, state that for
> normal TR4A motors (which are high compression) 40795 is the ONLY
> distributor,

Doesn't it strike you as odd that they changed the cam timing, intake and
exhaust manifolds, and combustion chamber shape ... but not the optimum spark
curve ?

BTW, my factory TR4/4A workshop manual shows the TR4A as positive ground !  The
electrical section was clearly not updated for the 4A.

Randall