Re: [TR] Re: Speaking of TR3 values...

To: <TR250Driver@aol.com>, <ZoboHerald@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: Speaking of TR3 values...
From: "Gerald M Van Vlack" <jerryvv@alltel.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 19:05:07 -0500
Darrell,
An argument can be made that the OD was added as a Dealer installed option
sometime after initial build. However it should be to the as supplied case's
commission number.
In the TR4 Shop Manual 2-303 it says to replace the existing mainshaft with
a shorter one. Page 2-304 has a diagram on where to drill the top cover for
the isolator switches. I don't know about a 3B's manual however, do you have
one that may also show the OD as an available kit?
The Spare Parts Manual lists the OD as Kits too.
Soooooooooo if someone does get anal there is a reasonable explanation
available as long as the OD is installed on the car's original transmission.
Hard to argue if it's not the transmission as supplied with the car.
JVV