RE: [TR] Re: OT price of gas?

To: <shotimes@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Re: OT price of gas?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:41:10 -0700
> I had a 71 Vega...basically the same car aluminum block and all.
> A 327 with
> a turboglide transmission and a cut down 12 bolt rear end however, was a
> relatively easy fix for the lame silly putty block.

But what did you do for the lame, silly putty car ?  I once saw someone lean
casually against an open door on a Vega, and bend it so badly it would no
longer close.

OTOH, GM marketed them as "disposable" cars.  Drive it 50,000 miles and
throw it away.  Most of the ones I saw made it to 50k reasonably intact,
while very few made it to 100k ... looked to me like GM hit the mark pretty
good.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org