Re: [TR] Re: OT price of gas?

To: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: OT price of gas?
From: "Frenken, Eric" <efrenken@lctax.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 17:14:37 +0200
Mark, in case you think people will buy smaller (meaning more economical) cars
when prices raise that high in America as in Europe, you're on the wrong way.
In Europe you can see an increasing number of SUVs and high-performance cars
on the streets. Don't ask me how they manage to pay the filling station.

I can remember when prices for fuel were far below 5.00US$/USGal and people
said nobody can drive anymore once the limit of 5$ will be taken. Everybody
drives more now than in the older days. Believe me, the threshold of pain is
higher than you can think of when it comes to restrictions of ones mobility,
IMHO.

The big oil companies are in the business to make as much money as they can,
not to keep us on the road.

Eric

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----