RE: [TR] replaCING BRAKE LINES

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] replaCING BRAKE LINES
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 18:21:45 -0700
> You have a really active imagination!
>
> Best, Mike Moore

Not really much imagination required, Mike ... I wrecked a TR3A that way !
Fortunately not on a real mountain, just a very steep hill, and moving
relatively slowly.  Even drug my foot trying to stop the car before hitting
the retaining wall at the bottom.

And I repeated the experience just a few years ago with the Stag, although
that time it was just a downhill exit ramp off I-10.  Fortunately no cars on
the cross-street, so I was able to stop by rubbing the tires on a curb after
reaching the bottom.

In both cases the 'emergency' brakes were totally ineffective, first time
because the cable was broken and the second time because they had faded away
due to overheating.  But try stopping the car from speed going downhill with
the handbrake some time, I think you'll be surprised at what doesn't happen.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org