RE: [TR] replaCING BRAKE LINES

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] replaCING BRAKE LINES
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 15:29:47 -0700
> The last two cars I have
> restored, I had
> the brake lines cleaned, pickled, and nickle plated

Am I the only one that finds this scary ?  I certainly hope they were
trailer queens !

Brake lines tend to rot from the inside out, so visible rust MAY be an
indication of a weak spot.

We all have our phobias, mine is driving down a mountain with no brakes.  I
just hate that feeling you get when the pedal flops to the floor; and you
discover that rear brakes really don't do very much at all going downhill.
And since I enjoy driving Triumphs in the mountains ...

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org