[TR] Too big for a Tr3?

To: "TriumphList" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Too big for a Tr3?
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 08:35:43 -0400
Today for the first time I installed a seat.  Although the car is up on jack
stands, with one old floorpan and a new driver's side powdercoated floorpan
and now one seat minus the steering wheel.  With the seat slid all the way
back (against the rear shelf), I had sufficient leg room.  However, my knees
hit the dashboard when depressing the pedals.  The uninstalled steering wheel
will proably make the situation worse.
    I am 6'2" and I expected problems with my size, although Fred Thomas et al
had coached me into thinking this was fine.  I guess I am asking: is there
anything I can do to improve things or does this problem disappear once I
start to drive it?

Thanks,
(Never-driven-a-Tr) NdaTr Paul Dorsey,
60 TR3A