RE: [TR] Too big for a Tr3?

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] Too big for a Tr3?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 21:16:06 -0700
> Many years ago, I adjusted the placement of the steering wheel on my TR6 to be
> a bit closer to the dash by slightly moving the column in the clamps.

Good idea.  However it's hard to do on a TR3, since they have no collapsible
element in the steering column, like a TR6 does.  The optional "adjustable"
wheel just aggravates the problem, since it only adjusts from closer than the
standard wheel, to much closer.  On the later "split column" TR3As, you might be
able to gain an inch by making some mods in the area of the split, but I've
never tried it.  The steering wheel is already plenty close to the dash ...
another inch might have your knuckles dragging on the dash.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org