Re: [TR] Hot/stumbling GT6+

To: tr3driver@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Hot/stumbling GT6+
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:36:34 EDT
Randall,
This GT6 is all modified so there is no vacuum advance or retard  present.  I
could not believe it either but I am going to say the timing  was at 22
degrees advanced at idle.  Fast idle though, maybe 900 to 1000  RPM.  The motor
ran
OK too, except for the occasional stumble and  overheating.  I did not do the
tuning on this one, I guess I need to  complain to the Ace mechanic who had
it set there.  I set it back to 13  degrees BTDC and I think the stumble has
improved.  With the radiator  redone with water wetter and very little
antifreeze it knocked the temperature  down considerably, just a smidgen over
half.
Running OK but I can still  feel the stumble at low RPM's.  You think I should
go more? I have never  heard a ping at all.
The GT will ride the trailer to Texas but I want to drive it once there of
course.  Just had a report from a friend and it is 105 there.  OH  Boy!  The GT
may be a GT6+ "Night Rider". Still have Sunday morning left to  fool around
some.
Thanks,
Darrell

===     http://www.vtr.org